Egypt Study Circle Live Auction No 7 |
Welcome to our seventh members-only “live” auction, which will involve both postal and live bidding. The vast majority of lots are illustrated here. Bids may also be received in advance by email or by post to Mike Murphy at 109 Chadwick Road, London SE15 4PY or to email@example.com. Here are the bidding steps:|
£1-£5, 50p; £5-£20, £1; £20-£50, £2; £50-£100, £5; over £100, £10.
* “Postal” or email bids may be received up to the end (midnight UK time) of February 16. Room bidding will start at the winning “postal” bid at that stage. The final winner will be decided in the usual way - one bidding step above the second-highest bid. The winning price will be announced in the room; lists of Prices Realised will be sent to all vendors and email bidders.
* Winning bids will attract a 10 per cent commission to aid Circle funds.
* Material won in the room may be paid for and collected at the end of the auction on the day. See Mike Murphy for total due at the end of the auction, and make payment to Brian Sedgley (please bring chequebook or loose change if possible).
* Material won by “postal” bidders will be invoiced (preferably by e-mail) within four days and must be paid in full before lots are sent out. Payment may be made by sterling cheque on a UK bank payable to the Egypt Study Circle or preferably via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org. PayPal payments are subject to a 3% surcharge to counter PayPal’s commission.
* Postage will normally be paid out of commission, but bulky, heavy or awkward material (as noted in the auction list), may be sold only in the room or the winner may be required to fund postage costs. Requests for special despatch terms may well mean additions to the invoice.
* Payments to successful vendors (less 5% Circle commission) will be made as soon as possible after the Auction.
* Material not sold on February 18 will be held over for inclusion in the Circle’s regular Auction 56 in the autumn.